- These lesions are seen on the sun-exposed skin especially on the face, upper chest, back and forearms. When they are located on the lips, they are called actinic cheilitis.
- They appear as scaly reddish or brown patches on the skin.
- Numerous lesions may occur at the same time.
- If left untreated, they can go on to develop into skin cancers.
Treatment of Pre-malignant growths
- These can easily be destroyed using liquid nitrogen (like dry-ice) or anti-cancer ointments or electrosurgery or excision surgery or laser surgery.
- If you have a skin tumour, it is advisable to check it out with your doctor. He can then advise you on the diagnosis and action to be taken.
Source of information: here