- Other articles deal with this issue however we can say here that lasers play a limited role:
- They are only indicated in the treatment of dermal melasma (chloasma, pregnancy mask).
- Even in this indication, the response is unpredictable* and the pigmentation tends to recur.
- Response to treatment has been reported for the following lasers (non-exhaustive list):
- fractional photothermolysis
- fractional erbium
- QS (Q-Switched) fractional
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
Source of Information: 2012 (09) – Sachdev M. .21st Annual Congress of the EADV (European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology) – Prague (Praha), Czech Republic (česká republika)
Source of information: here