- Pustular psoriasis exists in the generalized and localized types.
- Acrodermatitis continua of Hallopeau of acral psoriasis characterized by spongiform pustules*
- When examining pustules of psoriasis under the microscope, they appear as spongiform.
- This term was labelled in 1927 by Dr Franjo Kogoj (1894-1983), a Croatian dermatologist:”The pustule may be compared to a sponge”
- *These pustules are also found in Reiter’s disease
-Crissey JT el al. Dermatology and Dermatologists (2002). Parthenon Publishing
Original article: here