Dr HSU is an internationally seasoned dermatologist who has lived as an expatriate and who therefore understands the difficulty in finding a like-minded healthcare provider in a sometimes intimidating environment. (CV en Français)
- Citizenship: Swiss
- Languages: French, English, German, Japanese (elementary), Chinese (elementary)
Postgraduate Studies/ Activities
- Medical Thesis (Department of Dermatology, delivered by the University of Geneva) delivered in August 2006, “Les kératoses séborrhéiques: évaluation des modèles rétentionnel et prolifératif” under Prof JH Saurat.
- Residency in clinical Dermatology (April 2004-April 2006) (Geneva University Hospital, Geneva; Prof JH Saurat)
- Residency in Pathology (October 2006-October 2007) (Geneva University Hospital)
- Residency in clinical Dermatology (October 2007-September 2009)(National Skin Centre, Singapore; Prof Goh CL) (Accredited by the Swiss Medical Association)
- Specialist in Dermatology and Venerology (FMH, Switzerland) (January 2010)
- F1000 Associate Faculty Member (September 2009 – January 2012)
- Editor – Global Dermatology Information Portal (January 2010 – …)
- Private Practice (Medical Dermatology; 4 Boulevard James-Fazy, 1201 Geneva) (March 2010 -….)
- Consulting Medical Dermatologist (Centre Médical du Lignon, Geneva, Switzerland) (November 2010 -May 2015)
- Editor – Dermatology News Daily facebook page (March 2011 -…)
- Medical Dermatology Consultant at Aesthetics Geneva, Switzerland) (September 2011 – August 2012)
- JAAD Editorial Board: International Facebook Correspondent (Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology) (2014 -…)
- Editor – Dermatologica Helvetica (Journal of the Swiss Society of Dermatology and Venereology – SSDV, SGDV) (April 2014 -…)
- Medical Education Coordinator (Dermatology) – Global Dermatology Information Portal (September 2014-…)
- Board Member – Dermintel (January 2017 – …)
- Signe de Leser-Trélat associé à une transplantation cardiaque, Hsu C, Abraham S, Campanelli A, Saurat JH, Piguet V (Poster, Swiss Society of Dermatology Annual Meeting (Zurich), 2005).
- Sign of Leser-Trélat in a heart transplant recipient, Hsu C, Abraham S, Campanelli A, Saurat JH, Piguet V. Br J Dermatol. 2005 Oct;153(4):861-2.
- Prevalence of Body dysmorphic features in patients undergoing cosmetic procedures at the National Skin Centre, Hsu C, Ali Juma H, Goh CL. Dermatology. 2008 Jul 8 (epub).
- A 4-year retrospective review of Lichen Amyloidosis and Macular Amyloidosis patients in a tertiary dermatology center in Singapore, Hsu C, Ali Juma H, Goon A, Goh CL (Poster EADV Berlin 2009)
- A 4-year retrospective review of Lichen Amyloidosis and Macular Amyloidosis patients in a tertiary dermatology center in Singapore, Hsu C, Ali Juma H, Goon A, Goh CL. JBMS. 2009 Oct; 21(4)
- Disseminated tuberculosis presenting with polymorphonuclear effusion and septic shock in an HIV-seropositive patient: a case report. Nancoz O, Kherad O, Perrin E, Hsu C, Lobrinus JA, Nendaz M. J Med Case Reports. 2010 May 26;4(1):155.
- Skin, Mind and Soul (ebook) translated from “La Peau et ses Etats d’Ame” by Danièle Pomey-Rey MD; 2016 (July) available on kobobooks.com (free) and Amazon.
- Information on the Net: Global Dermatology Information Portal
- Education through Social Media in Dermatology: click HERE to read more.
- Dermatology on Pigmented Skin
- Dermatology on Asian Skin
- February 2008:Fibroblast Growth Factor receptor 3 Mutations in Epidermal Nevi and Associated Low Grade l Bladder Tumors.Hernandez S, Toll A et al.JID (2007, July), Volume 127 (National Skin Centre Singapore).
- April 2008: Ultraviolet A exposure might increase metastasis of mouse melanoma: a pilot study,Pastilla et al.Photodermatol. Photoimmunol Photomed 2005; 21: 183-190 (National Skin Centre Singapore).
- May 2008 : Pimecrolimus 1% cream in the treatment of facial psoriasis: A 16-week open label study, Jacobi A et al. , Dermatology 2008; 216: 133-136 (National Skin Centre Singapore).-June 2008 : Efficacy of UVA1 phototherapy in 230 patients with various skin diseases.Rombold S., Lobisch K, Katzer K, Grazziotin TC, Ring J, Eberlein B. Department of Dermatology and Allergy Biederstein, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2008 Feb;24(1):19-23 (National Skin Centre Singapore).
- October 2008: Cutaneous Metastases from different internal malignancies: a clinical and prognostic appraisal. HU S. et al, JEADV 2008, 22, 735-740 (National Skin Centre Singapore).
- December 2008: Treatment of common warts with an intralesional Mixture of 5-Fluorouracil, Lidocaine, and Epinephrine: A prospective Placebo-controlled, Double-Blind Randomized Trial. Yazdanfar A. et al. Dermatol Surg 2008; 34: 656-659 (National Skin Centre Singapore).
- March 2009: Fractional Thermolysis for photoaging of the Hands. JIH M.H. et al, Dermatol. Surg. 2008; 34: 73-78 (National Skin Centre Singapore).
- April 2016: “Dermatology on Social Media.” Regional Congress of Dermatology (RCD) – Singapore
- October 2016: “The Dermatology of Facebook.” Hong Kong Paediatric and Adolescent Dermatology Society – Hong Kong
- Association des Médecins du Canton de Genève (AMG) (Geneva Medical Association)
- Groupement des Dermatologues Genevois (GDG) (Geneva Dermatology Association)
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH)
- Swiss Society of Dermatology and Venereology (SSDV-SGDV)
- Singapore Medical Association (SMA)
- Dermatological Society of Singapore (DSS)
- American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology (JSID) (日本研究皮膚科学会)
- European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology (EADV)
- International Society of Teledermatology